Saturday, July 20, 2013

"How to Lose Weight While Training For a Marathon"

Does this neckerchief make me look fat?
Seems obvious that weight loss would be a natural effect from marathon training. Apparently not. This article was eye opening if just for this revelation.

Very helpful are the calorie calculators.

I long subscribed to the "eat whatever you want" theory... until I turned 40. Never a calorie counter either, I got frustrated being told by my internist that I was technically overweight (6', 210 lbs) b/c my BMI suggested that I should be 190 lbs. I weighed that in college, and I have always been slim-ish. Started counting calories for awareness and then as a new challenge. Damn it is hard to shed the rest of the pounds. Strosaker's article helps make sense of the effort and gives me a better strategy. Thanks for the read. Now where're my Twinkies?

No comments:

Post a Comment