Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sony Walkman W Series

For my 16 years of running I have religiously sworn off the temptation of Walkmans and iPods. Running has always been a solitary sport for me and music has been a distraction, especially if I'm stuck with bad music. And I'm a music lover. Oh the irony.

Running time is always deep thinking time for me. It is my alone time. Me time.

Still, when running the Chicago Marathon last year and Houston Marathon this year, my buddies seemed to be quite motivated and fully supported by the 4.5 hours of selected music playing from their Sony Walkman W Series headphones, which gave them a little extra umph.

So, as a birthday present I bought a pair (people have been telling me to "get a pair" for years. I hope this is what they meant). No, this is not a product review. Frankly, I've only taken them out of the box and haven't used them -- though I can report they fit nicely and feel comfortable.

Wearing headphones and listening to music is a big change for me. I'll tell you how it goes.



You are not allowed to use me for podcasts of "60 Minutes"

No comments:

Post a Comment