Thursday, January 5, 2012

Aching ankles, shoe adjustments

I blogged after Christmas about my joy over my new running shoes. Good, quality running shoes are your most important running equipment. They're expensive ($100 - $200 on average), but they're cheaper than a gym membership.

So while breaking them in the last 2 weeks, my ankles and achilles heel have been killing me. Also, while running my heels felt like they were coming out of the shoes. Very aggravating.

I had forgotten that this exact problem occurred last year when I was breaking in another new pair of shoes. After several months of painful ankles and achilles heels I loosened my shoe laces toward the toes and top of my foot while tying tight. Problem solved. The shoes felt more snug and there was no ankle slippage.

Now, I admit that this is a boring anecdote. Why did I waste 2 minutes of your life telling it? So you will know how important good, quality shoes are to your feet and that if you experience problems, tinker with them. If you can't solve the problem, go back to the store and have them fit you properly. That's their job and they should know how to do it.




Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment