Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reflection on Houston Marathon

Though my angry foot wrecked the last 10 miles of the marathon, I ran surprisingly strong for 15 miles. I was on pace to finish 4:20 or 4:30, which isn't great but would've satisfied me plenty.

In retrospect I should have done one more thing to improve my race performance: run in some warm-up 10Ks and a half.

By running in races prior to the big one, you get accustomed to the energetic race environment and race conditions in general.

For me, it would have helped me gauge how fast I could run and for how long. I could have knowingly entered the marathon with a faster, sustainable race pace.

More importantly, I might have encountered the foot thing well in advance to have it treated.

If my foot hadn't given me the finger, I know my time would have been much better.

Funny, even as I type this, the guilty middle toe still tingles and feels a little numb too. Wait, that's not funny.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment