Tuesday, October 25, 2011

8 Miles

Ran 8 miles yesterday for the long run. Nice easy pace. Warm south Louisisana morning, sweating through all my clothes when in the rest of the world people are enjoying the crispness of fall. It's almost November and green leaves still populate our trees and I'm still mowing the lawn.

Anyway, my pace was good. I felt strong, but 8 miles ain't what is used to be when I could run it in my sleep. I confess the problem is likely my poor base miles. Work and training have been at each other's throats lately. Getting between the two has been dangerous. Because I get paid to work, work wins for now.Training suffers, causing me to run base miles sporatically.

I will have to make time if I want to finish Houston (and now New Orleans) in good health. No more repeats of the Atlanta disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment