Wednesday, August 1, 2012

If the Tao of Po ran commercials...

If the Tao of Po ran commercials, this would be it! OMG! Nike so gets me.

I have to admit, when I saw the small figure on the horizon, I was waiting for the punchline. I mean, you knew it was coming. At the ad's conclusion I was emotionally conflicted as I was eagerly awaiting the cruel punchline while simultaneously feeling uplifted. Then it occurred to me. This kid is Po. Damnit if this kid ain't great. I'll follow you anywhere, large aspiring Olympian!





And it goes:

Greatness.
It’s just something we made up.
Somehow we’ve come to believe that greatness is a gift reserved for a chosen few, for prodigies, for superstars, and the rest of us can only stand by watching.
You can forget that.
Greatness is not some rare DNA strand, not some precious thing. Greatness is no more unique to us than breathing.
We’re all capable of it. All of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment