Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm a music lover

... which is not really a bold statement. But at least I know that when I listen to music it makes my toes tap and causes me to do embarrassing white man dance moves.

mediumthumb
Lawd have mercy
I also know that when I hum tunes to myself, it is a subconscious signal that I am in a good mood. Sometimes when I'm down in the dumps, I can pivot from bad to good mood by listening to favorite music, which invariably causes me to sing aloud and horribly. Before I know it I am either in a good mood, or at least I'm not in a foul mood.

Actually, I first have to decide that I want to be in a good mood, which for me is not often very easy. Regrettably, I many times want to be in a bad mood. Or if I'm angry, I soak it up for a while. There is probably a shrink somewhere out there who wants to diagnose me. Slow down, Frasier! Once I decide that it is time to remove the black cloud, I can soon change my mood.

We're all all right!
Hello, Wisconsin!
Observe your own signals when you're in a good mood. Or, what are some basic behaviors you can think of that make you happy? Music - for me - is an easy way to go. Maybe for you it is a walk in the neighborhood or watching a funny show on TV. It could even be playing with a pet. Me, I like to sing

Obviously there are thousands of songs to choose. Lately I've used these to help me out:

1. "No Woman No Cry," Bob Marley and the Wailers
2. "Theme Song to 'That 70s Show'," Cheap Trick
3. "What I Got," Eric Lindell
4.  "My Style," Black Eyed Peas
5.  Foo Fighters, all of "Wasting Light"
6.  Pearl Jam, all of "Backspacer"

Anyway, you get the point now.

No comments:

Post a Comment