Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Part of the reason I run is so I can live like a Roman.


Not a Cajun, but occasionally funny

I’m from Louisiana where good eating is not only our birthright, it’s out patriotic duty. I can’t help myself. There is no way for me to live up to my stately duty, remain married to a Cajun, and enjoy life without regular exercise. I can’t afford and I don’t like health clubs, so I run. The long and short of it is that I run so I can eat, among other indulgences. I just happen to love both running and eating, so life is good to me….




Not health food, but good livin'

As for the rest of life, you don’t have to eat bird food and tofu. Like I said, I like to indulge, but the fact remains that as long as I stuff my face with Cajun fried lard and bacon grease, I will not perform at an optimal level. That’s fine. I can live with that. I don’t try to compete in races. I try to finish them. There are other areas in my life in which I strive to be competitive. To play at a higher level, you have to treat your body accordingly by feeding it well and taking care of it. My lifestyles won’t allow me to win a race, but that is my choice. Were it my goal to win (at least in my age group), then I will add another page to this blog titled, “Get out of the Way.” But until then, I am satisfied with my goals to run and finish the Antarctica, Marathon des Sables (a 150 mile race), a triathlon, and the Boston (oh, yeah!).

No comments:

Post a Comment