Monday, July 9, 2012

RACE NUTRITION

It is important enough to repeat again and again, that a training program needs a nutritional plan as much as an actual running plan. I don’t profess to be a nutritionist – Lord knows I should have forcefully disabused you of that notion forthwith – nor do I know a lot about food, its function, and its benefits. I know, basically, as much as you know. And when it gets right down to it, we all really know all the information we need about health diets.

Eat your peas, shmoopie.

Still, I invite you to explore the topic more from people who actually make a living telling us to eat our greens and stop playing with our food. There are scores of qualified professionals with a lot of important perspectives on the subject, but I have put my faith in these:

1. Mom & Wife (in chronological order and nothing else).

2. My doctor.

3. Dr. Liz Applegate, who writes an indispensable column in Runner’s Worldmagazine and online at www.runnersworld.com. She is also the author of several good books I have not read. Check out her website at http://lizapplegate.com.


Cartoons Wallpaper: Peanuts - Lucy
Eat your peas, psycho
4. Dr. Nancy Clark, author of the landmark, biblical Sports Nutrition Guidebookand the totally relevant but not as good as the latter (IMO) Nancy Clark’s Food Guide for Marathoners. Also check out www.nancyclarkrd.com, which contains her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment