Tuesday, December 13, 2011

3 miles down, 19 to go

Ran 8 miles Saturday, 6 miles Sunday and 3 miles tonight in preparation for tomorrow's 19 miles. Again, my lack of faith in my erratic training program gives me pause. I find that I am once again anxious about running the 19 mile long run tomorrow.

The Houston Marathon is one month away. After the 19-miler I still need to run 21 miles then taper for the January 14 race. I feel like I'm behind and forcing myself to run a race ill-prepared.

There is no doubt that I will finish the race, but I don't want to run another turkey like I did in Chicago last year when I finished 5 hrs +. Yes, my motto is to finish, not place, but 5 hrs was embarrasingly ridiculous. I don't want to do that again.

I hope I can pull it off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment