Sunday, December 11, 2011

Marathong

I don't know what bizarre sense of pride convinced me all these many years that it is more dignified to run in tights and soccer shorts than those abhorrent running shorts with the hammock. Is it because they barely cover the thigh (a la Dolphin shorts) or is it the awkward nest they give you to rest your pieces? Whatever the reason, I refused to wear them because I found them as embarrassing as women's underwear. Now I find myself at a crossroads. After more than 15 years of marathoning I fear I must give up the tight nylon security blanket for the article of clothing I've dreaded most. Let me just say that not since the Great Chicago Fire has there been greater burning. So, either I punish my body and risk deformity, or I add to my already humiliating running time and form by donning the shorts of shame. Is there no alternative?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment