Thursday, December 1, 2011

Admittedly, there are obstacles, challenges, and new priorities in your life that might cause a dream to be postponed.

It is easy to get discouraged and throw in the towel when that happens. Believe me, I have been through some of these challenges the last several years, and I have often been tempted to chunk my dreams in the trash bin.

Some people have money problems, lose a job, lose a loved one, suffer poor health, or whatever. These are obstacles that get between you and your dream. Some people get married and have kids, which causes them to reprioritize their dreams (ideally, the spouse and kids enter into the dream picture as new dreams and wishes).


Whatever the circumstances, the dreams – real, honest to goodness dreams – won’t go away. You may have to postpone them. You may have to think differently about negotiating all the other obligations (and dreams) in your life to attain what you want.
 
Fortunately, or unfortunately, my dreams are a part of who I am. They are meaningful and inspirational. I can’t get rid of them even if I try. It sometimes hurts to have them when it feels like life’s other challenges get in the way and prevent you from fulfilling your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment